April 18, 2014

REVLON COLORBURST LACQUER & MATTE BALM

I have never been too impressed by lip crayons/balms I've tried in the past (i.e. Clinique Chubby Stick - I know, it's me), I don't find them particularly moisturising, and the pigmentation is a real hit and miss. I honestly thought I would give Revlon Colorburst Lacquer/Matte Balms a pass, but seeing them on a buy 1 get 1 free special the other day, I decided to take the plunge. So here I go again! ;)



One of the 2 goodies I picked out is the lacquer balm, in 115 Whimsical. It's a deep, pinky purple when swatched on my dark pigmented lips, though I've seen it wear a lot lighter on other bloggers. There's a lovely shine to the finish, and despite a high amount of glitter in the bullet, it does not transfer too much when worn. Like most lipstick/lip balm hybrids, the colour applies quite sheer, but can be easily built up for more intensity. I don't find the formula very hydrating, but it's comfortable to wear and lasts about 3-4 hours on me. 


I can't find anything to fault with Whimsical, though I must admit I was not super wowed by the range so far - that is, until I decided to try the matte balm in 210 Unapologetic.


The shade wears bright pink on my lips, and adds a gorgeous pop of colour to brighten up any complexion. Unlike the lacquer balms, you can achieve an opaque finish in just one application. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms sit very comfortable, and unlike a lot of matte lipsticks, it does not dry out throughout the day. The formula is amazingly creamy (though I've read this differs slightly with each shade) and lasts a good 4-5 hours on my lips. I definitely feel the need to explore the matte range a little more, let me know if you have any recommendations!

Have you tried these Revlon Colorburst Lacquer/Matte Balms? What did you think of them? Do you have a favorite shade/formula? Thanks for dropping by! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Try sultry from the matte range :D I'd love to see how it looks on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)